By Mago Pool Circle, we mean a circle of committed members who agree to pool some of our available resources for the benefit of all. Mago Pool Circle is an open and loose society whose members share what we have for the common goal of collective survival and prosperity. Simply put, as a member of Mago Pool Circle, one shares what s/he has in surplus, something that one has plenty that can be shared with others. One who is helped can help someone else in another form. That is, one who receives one’s free service/belonging may like to give something else to someone else who is in need. Our sharing is a free-giving that does not require something in return. In that sense, Mago Pool Circle is distinguished from a barter type of organization.
The kind of activities we are aiming to create is “pay it forward” or “recycling.” It is one way of revitalizing the gift-giving economy, something close to The Gift Economy that Genevieve Vaughan has advocated for decades. Speaking from a macro perspective, paying it forward is the Way of Nature in supporting Herself, while providing for all within the Ecosystem. Nature Re-Cycles. In that sense, Mago Pool Circle intends to restore the old gynocentric culture of Re-Cycling. We are meant to learn to let go and to let be. Thus, it is a spiritual practice. To give one’s valued service/belonging freely is no small act. It is an act that befits the protector of the Nature’s Way. It is counter-patriarchal in practice and in principle, undermining the very foundation of self-benefiting/other-exploiting culture. It is a positive and necessary action that we can take to enhance the quality of our surviving and thriving as a society of Goddessians/Magoists/Matriarchs. Ultimately, we are making possible the WE community as our works are geared toward the goal of cultivating the consciousness of WE, the terrestrial and cosmic totality. We are meant to thrive all together, or die out one by one gradually.
Most of us have been practicing the gift-giving knowingly and unknowingly. Volunteerism is one conscious way of practicing the gift-giving economy. For example, all Mago Sisters are the honor members by definition. In that sense, Mago Pool Circle is not a brand new thing. We are seeking more Honor Members.
Mago Pool Circle is the newest fruit of The Mago Work. The Mago Work began with the vision and awakening of Helen Hye-Sook Hwang, as she sought and endeavored to make the meaning of her life and our living as a whole on the planet Earth. Many have supported and contributed to various projects of The Mago Work including Return to Mago E-Magazine, Mago Academy, Mago Books, and The Mago Circle. Without Mago Sisters who volunteered to support The Mago Work for the last five years, we would not have come this far to see the birth of the Mago Pool Circle. Without Trista Hendren, founder of The Girl God, we wouldn’t have initiated the Mago Pool Circle. And We are very grateful for Genevieve Vaughan who agrees to guide us to the future it is meant to go.
Anyone can participate in Mago Pool Circle. Go to How to join Mago Pool Circle.
Co-Founder: Helen Hye-Sook Hwang, Ph.D. (Trista Hendren and Alaya Dannu)
Advisor: Genevieve Vaughan
Web Engineering Advisor: Sumaiyah Dymonz Yates
Founding Members include:
- Margreta von Pein, Barbara Daughter, Alicia Hirschhorn, Alaya Dannu, Spider Redgold, Morgaine Swann, Deanne Quarrie, Marie de Kock, Arna Baartz, Patty Kay, Susan Morgaine Stanley, Nicola O Hanlon (new volunteers)
- Harriet Ann Ellenberger, Wennifer Lin, Anna Tzanova, Trista Hendren, Rosemary Mattingley, Mary Saracino, Glenys Livingstone, Nicole Shaw, Mary Ann Beavis, Kaalii Cargill (Mago Work volunteers)
- Judy E. Foster, Lydia Ruyle, Yia Alias, Karen Torjesen, Maureen Aakre, Nane Jordan, Mary Petiet, Danica Anderson, Susan Hawthorne, Meibb Fung, Vana Kim, Chickie Farella, Jayne DeMente (Mago Work supporters).
- Genevieve Vaughan (Mago Work benefactor)
- Helen Hye-Sook Hwang (Mago Work founder & director)
Become a Guardian Member:
We need each other to grow. As a way to encourage ourselves, we invite you to become a Guardian Member of Mago Pool Circle. You can support the Mago Pool Circle by offering your service(s) or an equivalent to Mago Pool Circle and/or The Mago Work. Let us know what you can give freely to make this new venture possible.
We would like a Guardian Member to introduce yourself briefly before stating what we can offer as “a gift-giving.” We also want to ask you to indicate if your giving is “a pay-it-forward.” To make it work, we need to have as many Guardian Members as possible. Mago Pool Circle Guardian Members will also be acknowledged in our website periodically and 2017 Mago Work Calendar.
Anyone can join us in one or more of the following categories:
- I can offer my social media and email activities (Like, Share, and spread the word). Specify the social media you are actively engaged, e.g. Facebook, Google+, Goodreads, LinkedIn, Tumblr, etc.
- I can offer writing book reviews for Amazon book websites (short and informal ones) or a formal one for blogs and websites including Return to Mago E-Magazine, Mago Books, and The Girl God.
- I can offer artworks, illustrations, and/or musical numbers.
- I can offer a certain percentage of my book sales and/or my product sales.
- I can offer boggling skills such as Word Press posting and CreateSpace self-publishing.
- I can offer something unique.
- If you can make a donation to Mago Pool Circle, please use the following donation button. The donation will be used toward the maintenance and operation of Mago Pool Circle.
Please let us know if you want to become a Guardian Member of the Mago Pool Circle by registering and making a post here or via email (email@example.com). Our administration team will contact you thereafter according to what you are sharing with us all.